We’ve noticed that there are a lot of people working to do good things within our adopted local communities. There are many of you out there who do not mind rolling up your sleeves for a good cause. However, there are probably more of you who would be delighted to simply make a financial contribution, especially if it could be made a little easier.
Our objective here is for Que Pasa subscribers to be aware of worthwhile local charities and offer an easier way to make ongoing or one-time contributions. This simplified path should be a real benefit to increasing the results of your fundraising efforts, as well. We therefore offer this Contributions page to spotlight charitable options in our subscriber readership area and connect readers with information about, and links to, those in need.
Keep in mind there are two ways for a person to donate financially:
- directly to the individual organizer(s);
- funds can be donated to a bank account
To list a charitable effort:
- Listings will only be accepted for charitable efforts benefiting our local Que Pasa readership focus, the cantons of Grecia, Sarchi (Valverde Vega), and Naranjo.
- Please provide a name, brief description and/or mission statement to promote your charitable effort (limit this description to 150 words--you may also include up to 3 photos if available). Feel free to include a note about a current project or ongoing need.
Give us information about how contributions can be made:
Option 1) provide information about how donors can give money directly to you; or
Option 2) provide bank account information to which contributions can be made:
- provide the seventeen-digit bank routing number for colon transfers (if you don't have it, inquire at the receiving bank's service platform). This is essential for SINPE (interbank) transactions.
- the full name of the account holder.
- the bank account holder's cedula number (individual or corporation).
- the bank account number.
- the account holder's email address.
Note: Some banks require the recipient bank account holder’s telephone number for SINPE transfers.
Option 2 might sound a bit complicated, but it's not that difficult and you only have to do it once.
Please provide the requirements listed above to me at: email@example.com.
Que Pasa's disclaimer: we are not able to endorse or guarantee the worthiness of any project or effort we include for your consideration. You will be able to read about each cause and decide for yourself as to whether it is worthy of your support. Donors are responsible for their own due diligence.
Pura vida, Donald Davis, editor Que Pasa Grecia
How to Set Up a "Favorita" account at Banco Nacional de Costa Rica
for ongoing donations.
Links to information for local charitable options
|Cruz Roja||Escuela Llano Grande|
|Hospital de Grecia||Escuela altos de Cajón|
|My Mother's Angels||Strong Missions|
|YouCaring Fund - Laurie Barron|
|Project Linus de Grecia - Baby Blankets and more||Hospital Blanket Photos:
#1 - #2 - #3